Wine & Food Day | Saturday 21st July 2018 | Food Vendor Application
In response to the community's feedback on our event we are changing our application process for food vendor positions at the G & S Engineering Wine & Food Day 2018.
Before applying for this event please review the details on the three specific areas available to ensure you are completing the correct form. Final placement for all applicants will be at the complete discretion of the event organisers and if you have any queries please contact us before submitting your form.
Budget Bites - for families and punters looking for a quick and inexpensive option. This section would suit local charity and fundraising groups. Situated on the market trail and kids amusement area. Suggested cost per item/serve: under $5
Based on the information supplied in your application, food vendors will be placed into one of two easily recognisable areas:
Festival Bites - this section is for touring food vans and festival food vendors offering carnival type foods. Situated on the main oval. Suggested cost per item/serve: $5 - $15
Budget Bites: Applications for the Budget Bites areas will remain the same as in previous years, with spots available on a first in basis. Budget Bites will be situated within the market stall and kids amusements area at the event in 2018. To apply for this area please complete the Budget Bites application form.
Festival Bites: Positions in the Festival Bites area will be assessed by the event organisers. This area will be situated on the main oval and we are focusing on the type and quality of food that is available in this premium position at the event. In this area we are focusing on smaller menus of up to three items per stall and smaller portions to encourage people to try food from multiple stalls.
We encourage you to think outside the box for your menu and offer something that you don't usually offer in your restaurant or store. To give an idea of the type of food we are wanting at the 2018 Wine & Food Day please see the following events for inspiration:
The Festival & Events team is more than happy to taste test any suggested menus!
These changes are in response to our attendees feedback and we hope will improve visitor satisfaction, improve the range of food available and reduce wait times on the day. Please contact the Festivals team if you have any queries.
All site payments must be paid UPON APPLICATION - Payment must be made to confirm the site booking. DO NOT pay your site fee if you have not completed an online application. Payment without a fully completed application does not guarantee you a site. All applications are subject to event organisers discretion via our vetting process.
You will be issued with a receipt as proof of payment. This receipt will be sent to the postal address indicated on your application form, emailed to you or if paid at office, handed to you at time of payment.
FEES AND CONDITIONS
2018 Mackay Region > Festival of Arts
The following conditions have been implemented to present a quality event and service for the benefit of the community and our food vendors. Should you require any assistance in meeting any of the following criteria, please contact the Festival and Events Producer on 07 4961 9763.
- Food handling facilities and service must comply with the Mackay Regional Council Health and Regulatory Service Division. A copy of your Temporary Food Permit or License must be supplied to the Festival and Events Producer prior to the event along with your application. Should you require a copy please contact our office 4961 9763.
- Food Vendors must have attended a Food Handling Information Session at Mackay Regional Council in the past 12 months. If not you must attend a session prior to the Festival 2018 - which can be organised through our office.
- All food vendors must hold a current public liability insurance policy with a minimum cover required for their specific products or services
- All food vendors must supply their own marquee and materials.
- Equipment to secure marquees must be supplied by the food vendor (eg. sand bags, weights etc.)
- Food vendors are responsible for the bulk rubbish removal from their allocated site area - cleaning labour fees will be charged to the food vendor upon leaving rubbish on site.
- Food vendors are liable for restoration claims for any damage they may cause to the site areas.
- All electrical appliances and leads must be tested and tagged. You will not be allowed to use any item that is not tested and tagged.
- Failure to comply with all conditions may lead to withdrawal of your site.
- Food vendors may be filmed or photographed during the event and agree for footage and images to be used for promotional use by Mackay Regional Council.
- Application must be completed by Friday 18th May 2018.
- Site payment refunds will only be given if the event is cancelled.