Official G&S Engineering Wine & Food Day After Party
Saturday 20 July, 6.30pm – 10pm
Whether you’re looking to keep the festivities rolling from the G&S Engineering Wine & Food Day or love a classy cabaret at the MECC – the Festival Club is the one you’ve been waiting for…
Prepare to be mesmerised by award-winning stage sensation Catherine Alcorn in her hilarious portrayal of Bette Midler when she channels the People’s Diva in this thoroughly rapturous performance!
"Fresh from her US and Sydney Opera House debuts and hailed by critics as “uplifting and life affirming” (Canberra Times) and “masterful” (The Courier Mail), Alcorn has been thrilling audiences all over the world with her magnificent voice and razor-sharp wit, renowned as “a jewel in the crown of Australian theatre.” - (Adelaide Now)"
Featuring an electrifying live band, Alcorn will take you on a thrilling roller coaster ride back to the Palace Theatre, New York 1973 when she belts out the diva’s early classics including Stay With Me Baby, You’re Moving Out Today, The Rose, Wind Beneath My Wings, Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, and In The Mood.
Produced by Tenacious C Presents and Neil Gooding Productions.
Musical Director Geoff Green.
Friend of the MECC / Festival: $35
Concession / Student / Group 4+: $35
- Saffron arancini balls with Napoli sauce $8.00
- Smoky Texan Meatloaf sliders w/ house slaw – 3x per serve $12.00
- Buffalo chicken wings w/ blue cheese sauce – 6x per serve $9.50
- Nacho Cob Loaf – Chilli Con Carne in a toasted cob loaf (100mm Round loaf) w corn chips, guacamole, fresh tomato salsa and a lime sour cream $14.00
- Vietnamese caramelised pork w herb side salad & fragrant rice $15.00 (more compact serve)
- Margarita cheesecake $7.50
- Chocolate Pot with vanilla cream and brandy snap shard $8.50
Set in the MECC Halls, with decadent décor, tantalising tapas menu, licenced bar and table service