Information for educators
The MECC holds the work of our region's teachers in high regard and we want to assist you in that important work.
The Links to the Classroom documents are designed to provide you with all of the information you need in order to prepare and undertake an excursion to the theatre.
Show durations, restrictions and warnings, relevance to the classroom, assessment ideas and links to resources are all contained in this one document.
If you have any further questions or require some assistance with your planning, please don't hesitate to contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help!
How are other teachers making a trip to the theatre a reality?
1. Attend the MECC Educator’s Launch in January - Hosted annually, the MECC showcases upcoming performances and workshops to teachers, that link to the curriculum. This gives you time to plan for the following year.
2. Consider the budget. You will find performances in the MECC season reasonably priced. Performances targeted to senior students range from $22- $25, while DBCT Kids' Theatre Season is capped at $16.50 thanks to our amazing sponsor, Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal.
3. For every 10 students, you will receive 1 complimentary teacher ticket. Bringing 200 students? You will receive 20 complimentary tickets!
4. Availability. We encourage schools to make a reservation sooner, rather than later to avoid disappointment. You simply make a reservation with your approximate numbers and confirm them as the date draws closer.
5. Teachers Resources! Once you make your booking, ask us for any available Teachers Resources. The majority of performances in our School Entertainment Program contain full kits which do all the planning for you! Easy!
6. Budget restraints? The Pathways to Performance program assists schools with the costs of attending the theatre. Applications are easy and stress-free, we promise! We also have had schools ask us to invoice their generous P&C, who kindly offer to help for the occasion!
7. Contact the MECC. Sounds simple, but sometimes a chat with one of our friendly team is all it takes to see how easy the process can be. Remember, we are here to help!
Links to the Classroom
Here at the MECC, we are determined to help make the theatre your classroom and to do so, the MECC provides resources to assist you with forward planning the most exciting and beneficial programs possible for your students. Click on the show names below to discover how you can link attending a show to your classroom.
- Mother & Son
- Queensland Symphony Orchestra
- Edward the Emu
- Don't Mess with the Dummies
- Alphabet of Awesome Science
- Roald Dahl’s The Imagination Seekers
- Erth’s Prehistoric World
- Jane Eyre
- Black Cockatoo
Teachers guide to the MECC
Below is where you will find our yearly Teachers Guide to the MECC – your ultimate resource for planning and booking shows for your students, funding programs, eisteddfod and other opportunities your students may like to take up during the course of the year. Keep this guide handy when making a schools reservation with the MECC.
Our Educators News is updated and sent out to our region’s educators each term to inform them of learning opportunities coming up at the MECC. If you wish to receive a copy of this newsletter to your inbox, please email email@example.com to join the list.
If you have any questions about any educational resources or programs at the MECC, please contact the MECC Engagement team on 4961 9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to our sponsors