COVID-19 EVENT UPDATE INFORMATION
Queensland Museum Network Presents: Unearthed - A FREE community event
Join us for an action packed program of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts Maths) inspired activities, demonstrations and performances for the whole family. From Minecraft and interactive digital technologies to creative spaces, Unearthed is back with new experiences to suit all ages from the young to the young at heart. Spread across the MECC, Senior Citizen Centre and Artspace, this year’s event is not to be missed.
Make a day of it:
- Use interactive technology to explore local megafauna and sea monster discoveries up close with Queensland Museum Network
- Step into the shoes of a palaeontologist and discover The Crazy World of Dinosaurs and Sea Monsters with museum scientists
- Dig into the world of Earth Sciences with interactive activities at Terra Firma
- Battle it out in our Minecraft competition with Splitspaces and STEM Punks – create the most sustainable mine to win!
- Experience awesome new worlds through XR – Virtual, Augmented and Mixed realities with The Create Lab and Professor Tech – CQU Mackay
- Learn the science of 3-D modelling with CQU Mackay
- Tune in with science and technology experts and discover the role of technology in Future Jobs
- Test your limits in Sports and Science with Sensory Circus
- See Alligator Creek State School’s Geosciences project by their rock star students
- Get creative with dinosaur origami, mask making, LEGO® and more!
Full program coming soon.
Unearthed is a community event supported by Project DIG, a partnership between Queensland Museum Network and BHP to transform how we store, explore and share our collection and research with communities worldwide.